Please take a moment to read these “troubleshooting” instructions. It is a good idea to print this out and have it with you when logging in on the day of the event.
- If the Webcast is interrupted/stalled/etc. (which is unlikely) or if you have logged off during a break, all you need to do is refresh your browser – use the View menu > Refresh.
- If you are unable to see/hear the video, it is likely that your Browser Security is set very high and may need to be lowered in Tools>Internet Options>Security (or Privacy)
- Intermittent black screen or skipping video/audio means that your Internet connection is either way to slow, unstable, on a shared or WiFi connection or is being interrupted.
- WiFi signals can be notoriously unstable and prone to dropped / interupted connections – try to use a hard wired connection which is always more stable.
- Sometimes, just trying another computer will do the trick.
- If you are unable to hear the audio, please make sure that the volume control on the lower left of the video player is not muted and that your computer speakers are connected, turned on and the volume turned
- If you hear a lot of audio feedback and/or echoes in the audio, it is likely that your computer microphone is To get rid of feedback, either disable your computer’s microphone or use a headset to bypass your computer’s speakers.
If you are on your office network, it is possible that you may be unable to access the Webcast. This is due to the firewalls of many office networks, which block multi‐media platforms.
If you still plan on watching from your office network, get your office IT person to check well in advance, if the office firewall is correctly configured. If the firewall cannot be so configured, you should plan on watching the Webcast from your home computer.
Special Instructions for Mac, iPhone and iPad users – to be able to view the webcast, especially with the newer iOS platforms 11 and 12, click here for instructions on how to set up your devices. This is a workaround for an Apple issue with live streams.
For any issues other than the ones mentioned above, you may either use the Chat screen or we are also available to help by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org ‐ Please make sure you try the above steps before requesting support. Please include your phone number in the support request email in case we need to call you back right away.